Jan 19, 2013

ReGift...My New Word for the Year



Since the beginning of the year, I've had a particular word on my mind.  For the past 5 years, I've been selecting a word each year for my New Year's resolution, and this year the word is....re-gift.  Maybe not the word you would have chosen, but for me, this is THE word.


I'm not talking about rewrapping a gift I don't want and giving it to someone who may want it.  It's more like getting a gift that is awesome, and rewrapping it and sharing it with someone else, maybe someone I don't even know.  These awesome gifts that I'm thinking about are love, joy, peace, mercy, forgiveness, kindness...all those gifts that God passes down my way.


Who can resist re-gifting gifts like these and sharing them with the world.  Passing on a little forgiveness to those who offend, because we've experienced the forgiveness that comes through the sacrifice of Christ.  Spreading love and joy because our hearts are full to overflowing with the love and joy He gives to us when we allow Him to realign our priorities and clear our vision to those things that are most important.

So, I'll be doing some regifting this year in hopes of touching a life in need of a special gift.