Jun 7, 2011

New Bronzclay Work

Summer always seems to be a busy time for me. With two teen girls who love sports and the outdoors, it is hard to get any work done inside my studio. But I have been setting some time aside with a friend to create. Here are a few of the new things I've made from bronze metal clay.


I made some bronze roses and soldered them to a sterling silver band - inspired of course from my miniature rose bush that I received as a gift from my girls a few years back.


This is a replica of an ancient Chinese coin.  I've made it into a pendant to be worn as a necklace.  Very bold and beautiful, yet sinple.


And finally a key chain molded from a head of wheat from my Kansas farm.  I guess being outside and not stuck inside had inspired me more than I realized, at least with two of these pieces....I should get outside more!