Apr 26, 2011

Lessons Learned from Clearing Clutter

I've just finished my Spring cleaning for the year. Our church has a garage sale every year that I donate my unwanted items to raise funds for a mission in Mexico. I've got a lot of STUFF to donate this year. As I was clearing out the clutter, I kept in mind a saying that I heard or read somewhere, "Only keep what you use and love". I've tried keeping this in mind as I shop during the year too so that I don't bring home things that I won't use or eventually get tired of.

I've been thinking about how I can use this thinking in my jewelry making business. I'm sure that I'm not the only consumer that is tired of purchases that break, wear out, shrink, or go out of style. I have jewelry pieces that I don't wear either because it was given to me and I don't love it, or it is just uncomfortable to wear. This has given me a new goal to produce items that are comfortable to wear, are easy to clean, and are in a timeless style that will not become outdated. I want my pieces to be things that people love and keep...for a long time. Can this be done?