Jan 24, 2011

Jewelry Making ... A Journey of Learning

everythingI've eagerly dug through my first jewelry photographs to pull up some of my early jewelry creations. My Aspiring Metalsmith Team on Etsy.com is doing a blog roll featuring our early work. Being a self-taught creator, I thought it would be good to review where I've been and where I'm going in my jewelry design. As I glanced through my photos, I've realized that I have actually learned a few things, sometimes the hard way, but I have advanced in my skills. This is very encouraging to say the least, and I think my fellow team members will agree.


I started with my beading phase with ready-made findings:




I then progressed to making my own findings:




I then started to incorporate my watercolor paintings
with my jewelry using resin:




Then I dove into metal clay:

 
 
And finally I'm doing some metalsmithing.
 

I still do all the above techniques, but I now have the skills for more complicated and unique designs.  I've still got a long way to go, but I think the road I've traveled has been fun, especially with a helpful team as the Aspiring Metalsmiths.