Dec 10, 2010

Sawing Correctly, My Next Metalsmithing Technique to Learn

My Etsy.com team, The Aspiring Metalsmiths, is doing a blog roll about what technique each artist would like to learn next.  As an aspiring metalsmith and a very new beginner.  I have a lot to learn in terms of techniques.  So choosing one technique to learn is really a hard choice.  I would have to say that sawing out designs in metal has intrigued me as I've tried on several occasions to do this but always end up breaking the saw blade.  I'd like to find out how to do this the right way.





What I learned from this video: I need a Foredom drill. Santa? Did you hear that?  Hint, hint.




What I learned from this video: Look where I'm going, don't be pushy, and hold on tight.  Sounds like things I learned in kindergarten.  This can't be too hard to learn...can it?

See what my other team mates are wanting to learn next: