Sep 17, 2010

Designing with Artbeads and Pantone

With colors named endive, golden glow, living coral, lipstick red, purple orchid, chocolate truffle,  lagoon, woodbine, oyster gray, and rose dust, Pantone has announced their Fall 2010 Fashion Color Report.  I also was challenged by Artbeads.com to come up with a few jewelry designs using Pantone's fall color picks.

Being a chocolate lover, I had to choose chocolate truffle for my first design color.  Doesn't it sound delicious?  I found these great metallic bronze Czech glass beads in the deep brown color at Artbeads.  I like the metallic coating on these faceted beads, they really bring shine to a jewelry piece.  I then coupled these brown beads with antiqued brass plate findings and a double chain to come up with a vintage style bracelet shown below.  I accentuated the clasp with extra large twisted rings and lobster clasp for a slight steam punk influence.


The brass plated leaf links are great for fall, and the brass and brown components make a wonderful every day bracelet that goes with almost all earth tone wardrobe pieces.

Next, I chose the color woodbine which is a lovely olive green.  I found some beautiful olivine cubic zirconia coin beads to make these fun earrings.  Again, I used antique brass plated findings.


With the cubic zirconia coin beads, I also made this dragonfly chain necklace.  Goes well with the above earrings to complete a fall look.



Good-bye summer...hello fall!


Artbeads.com sends me beads to review free of charge. I use these beads in my designs and write a review about them, but I have not been paid for any endorsement. I give my honest opinion on the beads that I receive, so that you, as a reader of my blog, can feel confident in what you order from Artbeads.