Aug 16, 2010

Sketchbook Project 2011 Theme and Cover



I've started on my sketchbook for the "Sketchbook Project 2011" for the theme "Figuring You Out".  The above picture is the front cover.  I'm using a series of questions to guide the development of my artwork.  As I see it, when you are getting to know someone, you ask them questions such as:  "What are your hobbies?", "Do you like science fiction?", or "Where were you born?".  My sketchbook focus will be on figuring out God.  It contains a series of questions I've had throughout my life, both trivial and crucial, as well as questions of others.

I'm using my acrylic collage technique as I use in my altered books.  I put down with acrylic matte medium different pieces of rice papers, pieces of paper towel and other paper that I can find with texture.  I then coat it with gesso.  Then comes the painting.  For a more detailed tutorial of the process, see my "Altered Book Tutorial".  My tutorial also has a few links to the supplies that I use.

Do you have questions that you have asked of God?