The Creative Every Day theme for July has been "Life". I wanted to celebrate life that has been redeemed, fulfilled, rescued, set free, and saved.
I created "Redeemed" (shown above) to celebrate the sacrifice that Jesus Christ gave to redeem us. From the Free Dictionary, to redeem means to:
1. To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum.
2. To pay off (a promissory note, for example)
3. To turn in (coupons, for example) and receive something in exchange.
4. To fulfill (a pledge, for example).
5. To convert into cash: redeem stocks.
6. To set free; rescue or ransom.
7. To save from a state of sinfulness and its consequences.
8. To make up for: The low price of the clothes dryer redeems its lack of special features.
9. To restore honor, worth, or reputation.
This pendant portrays the story of redemption. The acorn that I used to make the mold had a worm hole as shown in the acorn pendant above. A peridot cubic zirconia was placed in the worm hole as a symbol of redemption. A bronze leaf was added to show that growth has started anew.
For those who believe, the death of Christ on the cross has given us a way to be redeemed or set free from ourselves and our mistakes. Christ has paid our ransom; he has rescued us. Let's celebrate!