Apr 13, 2010

Summer Designs...Mighty Waters


I took up the challenge from Artbeads.com to come up with a summer design using their glass beads and pendants.  When I think of summer, I think of the lazy days at the beach on summer vacation.  When I think of the beach, I think of crystal clear turquoise water and sand.  When I think of clear turquoise water and sand, I think of Artbeads' Czech Glass Opalite Blue Picasso beads with Gaspeite w/ Light Picasso Brick beads.  These beads together create the feeling of warm sand and the crystal ocean mixing together on the surf.


When I think of the surf, I think of beach-combing for shells, sand dollars or starfish.  When I combine the beads with the Hill Tribe Silver Sand Dollar Pendant and attached a hill tribe starfish clasp, I come up with a truly beach inspired necklace.  But the necklace wouldn't be complete without a coordinating bracelet.


I call this set, Mighty Waters, from Psalm 93:4..."Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, more than the breakers of the sea - the Lord on high is mighty." 

When I think about all this, I think that I'll have to take a trip to the beach!

Artbeads.com sends me beads to review free of charge. I use these beads in my designs and write a review about them, but I have not been paid for any endorsement. I give my honest opinion on the beads that I receive, so that you, as a reader of my blog, can feel confident in what you order from Artbeads.