Feb 9, 2010

Better Late Than Never


I finally finished a project that I started two years ago in a metalsmithing class.  I missed the last class and was not able to finish this carnelian bezel set ring.  With much research and with the help of my online metalsmith friends, I was able to finish this week.  I learned a lot.  But the one thing that I learned above all else:  do not be afraid to try things on your own.  Experience is the best teacher.  I can read, read, talk about and read some more about how to do something, but unless I actually try it, I will never accomplish the task.  Somtimes we just need to dive in and do it...

I would like to thank my metalsmithing friends, the Aspiring Metalsmiths Team, for their encouragement and help in this...I wouldn't have had the courage to try it without you.   Thanks....