Nov 2, 2009

More Watercolor Christmas Cards


These are two more watercolor Christmas cards that I have made for send family and friends. Back when my girls were in public school, and when we had our foster daughter, I incorporated the girls' school pictures into our Christmas card designs.




I first used tracing paper to draw my snowmen and angels around my girls' school pictures. Then I transferred the image to my watercolor paper and proceeded to paint the images. After painting, I cut out the place for the faces with an x-acto knife, taped the school pictures behind the watercolor painting and made copies of the image on a color copier. I cut out the images and pasted them to card stock using scrapbooking glue.


My girls are teenagers now. Not sure if they would let me do this again...