Nov 20, 2009

More Beads from Artbeads

I received a new assortment of Cubic Zirconia beads from Artbeads this past week to review. And boy, did I have fun with these. Cubic Zirconia has tremendous facets that really catch the light. These Cubic Zirconia Bezel Set Drops above made cute and quick earrings. I used sterling head pins to form the ear wires, added the drops, and stood back to admire the bling. These would make great last-minute Christmas gifts or stocking-stuffers for the gals in your life. They would also be great for birthday gifts using the birthstone color of the gift recipient.

I also received some Cubic Zirconia Sterling Ear Wires that I used with rock crystal and a fine silver bead cap to make these icy, go-with-everything earrings.



I even used a few to decorate some fancy bookmarks that I've been making. Above I used olivine Cubic Zirconia star, and below a yellow Cubic Zirconia heart. Because the stars are top-drilled, the top of the star is very fragile. Instead of wire-wrapping these, I slid them on a jump ring and attached them to my chain. This seemed to work best for these.




The holes on the hearts are drilled from top to bottom, so with these I could use a wrapped loop to attach to my chain.

Grade Card for the Cubic Zirconia Beads and Components:

Delivery Time: A+ received items within 4 days of order.
Quality of Product: A Cubic Zirconia has wonderful facets that catch light well, therefore they reflect a great amount of light. Some Cubic Zirconia beads that are topped drilled are fragile, so if you use them in wire-wrapping, use caution.
Ease of use: A+ very easy to design with and very versatile. Artbeads stocks a great selection of not only different shapes of beads, but also a great assortment of colors.
Price: A+ I liked the chance to buy beads in the quantity that I need at the time, instead of paying for extras I may not need. I do a lot of custom orders, so I appreciate this ability to order just what I need at the time, but also that I can buy at a discount when I purchase in bulk.
Artbeads.com sends me beads to review free of charge. I use these beads in my designs and write a review about them, but I have not been paid for any endorsement. I give my honest opinion on the beads that I receive, so that you, as a reader of my blog, can feel confident in what you order from Artbeads.