May 28, 2009

Watercolor Gallery Show

I've been working this past week on a gallery show with my fellow watercolor studio artists. I've been getting last minute framing, labeling, and pricing done...the business side of art. We hang the show this Wednesday, June 3rd, and the opening is June 5th at the Manhattan Arts Center in Manhattan, Kansas. I'll have the following framed original watercolor paintings for sale: Transformations, Legend of the Dogwood, Tree of Life, and Created (renamed He Loves Me..He Loves Me Not...).

New this year, I'll be showing my watercolor jewelry as pictured above. I love painting and have had this new passion for creating jewelry. Since I home school my daughters, I have little time to do both, so combining these two arts has given me the joy of working with both at the same time. I've been a little anxious to see how the jewelry will do at an art gallery. The show will be up for a month, I'll let you know the response I get in July.