Mar 26, 2009

Swarovski Crystal Rings Review


I was asked by Steve Groenier at Artbeads.com, if I would be willing to review some of their new jewelry making products. I said that I would as long as I was able to give my honest opinion. He agreed that Artbeads.com wanted only my honest opinion, and I was given complete freedom in what I could create and what I could say about their products.

With that in mind, here is my first review of their new Swarovski Crystal Rings. First off, I received their items quickly and they were packaged carefully. Each Swarovski ring came in their own plastic molded cup to keep them scratch-free. I received two of each of the following: Ring Bead Crystal Golden Shadow and Ring Bead Jet.

I had decided to make earrings from these rings, and I have to say that I found them to be quite versatile. I came up with the following two designs:

This design has a very romantic, earthy, vintage look. I used oxidized brass findings and used a topaz Swarovski crystal 4mm bicone in the center of the ring. I would love to see these with a cream white lace blouse. It would also dress up any brown wardrobe.

This design is more modern. I used sterling silver findings with the Jet rings and placed a 4mm Czech glass AB clear faceted bead in the middle of the ring. I also used black Czech glass rondelles on either side of the ring to create a nice tapered line along the earring. These would go well with any wardrobe and would dress up that little black dress hanging in the closet.

So, here is the grade card for the Swarovski Crystal Rings:
Delivery Time: A+ received items within 4 days of order.
Quality of Product: A+ one can't go wrong with Swarovski crystals for quality.
Ease of use: A+ very easy to design with and very versatile.
Price: A+ for great price when compared with another major bead supplier and for free shipping.

You may also be interested in their other Swarovski crystal beads. They have a wide selection with a great range of colors.

Artbeads.com sends me beads to review free of charge. I use these beads in my designs and write a review about them, but I have not been paid for any endorsement. I give my honest opinion on the beads that I receive, so that you, as a reader of my blog, can feel confident in what you order from Artbeads.