Sep 3, 2008

Yes, I'm Still Painting


For those who are wondering . . . yes, I'm still painting. I set up this blog specifically to keep me motivated to paint. It just seems that jewelry-making keeps popping up. Actually, I've been selling some of my jewelry on my online shop, kitandcaboodleshop.etsy.com, doing some custom orders, and trying to get ready for a couple of shows.

The above watercolor is one I had done for a note card (a very small size). I'm doing a similar one in acrylic/collage which will have scripture verses collaged into the painting. This canvas is 30"x 40". I'm finding that painting the larger version is a little more complicated than the smaller. Right now I'm at a stopping place in the painting, and I'm trying to decide if I like how it is developing. I have the rough base coat of the lamb, but I'm not sure which road to take from here. So, I'm thinking on it while doing other creative things, such as my jewelry. Sometimes it helps to get completely away from a project for a while and come back to it later with "new eyes". Looking at a painting too long causes you to overlook other possibilities. I'll let you know when I finish.